Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Remembering

On our recent trip to Cali I was reminded of the times spent on that california freeway. Rob and I fell in love 15 years ago on that road. We took our children to Disneyland many times on that road. And infact we celebrated being cancer free ( or so we thought) just a few months before we learned the truth We traveled to visit his mom when she lived in newport on that road. We traveled many times on that same road to visit his sister in arrowhead. The California freeway was how we provided product to our business for over seven years. And we drove down that road for the three weeks that we stayed near ucla for rob to complete his emt training. Then last year.... What a crazy, dumb, amazing, spiritual, uplifting trip that road lead us on. Last year was just Rob and I headed down that road to find a CURE. We traveled again to UCLA, cedar sinai and mexico on that trip I wish I could remember all the discussions in more detail that we had on that trip. That trip was about connecting with each other on a higher level then this earth is meant for. That trip came just after his doctor told us that rob would not be raising his girls. That road brought our eternal sealing to a whole new level. Because when you are given a time limit on this earth you sure do tell and show your eternal companion the love that you feel for them. Can't wait for the road that leads to our reunion

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amber I have thought about you & your sweet girls all day today.It July 28th the anniversary of Robs passing. I am so greatful you shared the things you did with me at The Power of Moms. You have touched my life & I am greatful to you for it. Families are forever. Love Monica Shulz P.S.Would love to stay in touch shulz64@msn.com.