Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Roller coaster

Today was a roller coaster. I was cleaning out the bathroom and came across our ovulation tests. We were trying to conceive in early march and found out about cancer late march. That ovulation pack was a slap in the face of my reality. I miss Rob and our life. Just as quickly as I found that dumb kit I also came across his cologne. And that put a smile on my face. I instantly pictured him getting ready in the morning with his big happy grin. Oh this silly life of ours. On my very good days and I mean very.very good days I remember the closeness that we have and the love that we share and think to myself " if cancer helped this happen then so be it"
Aside from the roller coaster day I Fo want to recognize my joys for the day
1) playing daddys "don't wake the sleeping giant game" with savannah( thanks for the reminder Kayla)
2) Hearing joslyn practice to sing for a solo audition in the school choir.
3) helping joslyn take her shin guards off slowly just like I did with Ron in highschool. Apparently after running the field the best feeling ever is to have someone else slowly take your guards and socks off. ( I certainly wouldn't know as sports was not in my vocabulary)
4) being reminded of robs sweet fragrance :)
5) remembering that this life really is short and I will be with him before I know it xoxoxo

No comments: