Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Joy

I'm trying to find joy in this life. I know rob would want me to find joy. I KNOW I will never have the joy that I had but just half of that joy will fill my cup:) today's joy came from
1) a mom retreat that I went to over the weekend. It reminded me of some fun things to do with the kids and most of all to find joy now because we never know what life will bring tomorrow.
2) freezer meal group- life changing!! We have a group of 10 girls now who each make one meal times 10. I made manicotti last month and ended up with 10 delish and fabulous meals to feed my family. I haven't yet gotten back into cooking since Rob passed.
Sometimes cooking reminds me of the family that has a missing member and these meals have made for an easy fix. Someday I will start to cook again just not ready yet.
3) joslyns new haircut. Super cut and super sassy just like her.
4) planning a trip to Europe!!
5) Kayla and Zac moving a few blocks away. I love having them in my world on a daily basis.

1 comment:

Jess said...

Just saw all your recent posts. I love reading about the things that bring you joy. I was so grateful that we were able to go visiting teaching together on Wednesday. I needed to hear the things that you shared with me and it has motivated me to be a better person. So thank you for sharing them with me! Love ya!